Thursday, September 11, 2008

In Remembrance


It has been good to see the memorials on other blogs--to remember where we were and how we felt. On that morning seven years ago I was trying to get online to do some banking. I saw the picture of the tower--and thought, too, that a small plane had hit. I finally called the bank to see why I couldn't access my accounts and was told since the World Trade Center was hit, they were shut down at that time. I called my folk's and talked to my Dad. What I will never forget was the peace he had while I talked to him! He passed away about six weeks later, but I have never forgotten how settled he seemed. The morning paper that day was filled with so many problems in our country and I remember just being tired of reading about it! How quickly that changed--for a time!! I never got tired of seeing all the red, white, and blue that was displayed after that! I'm thankful for the Freedom that we have in our country!

3 comments:

The J's said...

It really is encouraging to see all the "remembrances". There is actually alot of those "blips" in our history that we should probably remember a little more too!! It really is easy to "forget" the seriousness of things as time passes.

The J's said...

So Lori, did you leave your camera at someone else's house too?? hmmmm
What's new at your house?? Maybe we can start a new line of gossip on your blog too for lack of other reading!!

Huisman5 said...

I KNEW that was coming!!!!! I've been racking my brain for something to post--with pictures--before the gossip mill hits here! This has been TOO funny!