Saturday, October 4, 2008

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Peppers

(above)
Sea creatures hiding in our garden?!

About the end of the garden season. We had our first frost last night so we picked lots of peppers today. They actually didn't get hurt too bad, but it was time to clean them out. I still need to pick the Habeneros, but had enough for today. Maybe I'll try to get some Jalapeno Poppers made! Had an interesting bunch of carrots. Tonight we had Borscht soup. You can probably almost hear the kids groaning. It uses beets, onions, carrots, etc... I like adding sausage and use chicken broth instead of beef broth. We still have loads of beets and carrots in the garden, but they will last a while there.

4 comments:

The J's said...

Don't you wonder what causes all those birth defects??? LOL!!!!

Elaine T said...

How pretty!
And I Like Borscht! I eat it alone, for the most part, at this house, too.: )

The J's said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LORI AND WAYNE!!!!
Hope you get to do something fun today, but in any case, enjoy your day. It's raining here!

Diane T. said...

I had to chuckle when you said you had borscht. My husband used to tell stories of his Aunt who he lived with after graduating, and how she found out he didn't like it and made it twice as much. I have never made it as I didn't grow up with it, and the hubby dislikes it like your kids. Happy Anniversary!