Monday, June 28, 2010

Graduation Party


We had a great day for Deidre's graduation and party. Rain was predicted for both events but it was so kind as to hold off until after. Wayne and I both had a good time getting ready for the event. While I cleaned the freezers in the garage, he worked on a chess table that he was building. (He's got his priorities straight!) Actually the chess set ended up being a hit. Several would stop by to play for a bit!

Wayne had the garage looking pretty good and we used one side of it to set up the food tables. Just outside the garage we had a tent set up. It was just a great day for seeing everyone and catching up a bit. I think it seemed a little unreal to Deidre that all this was for her. She was pretty pleased and is VERY happy to be finished with high school! She just sounds like a different kid this summer. I say "sounds" because she has been at Gma's and Gpa's since her party.
Wayne's Mom and Dad got to come on Tuesday before graduation. They were an incredible help--and tried to help me keep my sanity. Thank you for coming! His older brother, Kevin, came and brought Nick and Amanda. And Amanda brought sweet little Kylie! Thank you Elliott for sharing them with us! Warren and Lauren got to come for the graduation ceremony. Next year will be our turn to go to their place for graduation! And thank you, Elizabeth, for the outfit you got Deidre for her party! It was so cute on her--even without shoes!

I'll post a few pictures from that big day. Guess I'll post pictures of the guests attending graduation first! lol

No comments: