Saturday, November 1, 2008

What's For Dinner? BEETS ME!

(above) Borscht soup--I like to make it with sausage and chicken broth
instead of beef and beef broth. A great way to clean all the vegetables
out of your refrigerator!
Beet salad--vinegars, seasoning and of course, feta cheese!
Beet cake! Actually, very good! Tastes a lot like carrot cake!
The batter is very red when mixing it, but the cake comes out brown!

Wayne planted lots of beets this year! Usually they don't do too well so we don't have too many left over. This year they did very well so we are trying to be creative with ways to use them up! We could end up with a three course meal of beets! Not really!!

2 comments:

The J's said...

I think I could handle the cake! Plain cooked beets are o.k. once in a while, but I'm not sure I could manage to eat a whole lot of them! Not sure about the soup either, although it does sound good with the sausage.

Elaine T said...

I need that cake recipe. Maybe I can get mom to eat beets that way! Smile! Which reminds me, I still have some in the garden maybe I should go pull before they're covered with snow!