Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Year's (Revolutions?!)

'Tis the season for already wondering about those New Year's Resolutions! I've appreciated the earlier posts about our resolutions for the New Year, both the spiritual and natural.

As for myself--I'm already finding myself having to go back to the beginning of the month and RE-motivate myself. Between my house, weight loss (?) and exercise--it's a full time job gettin' going!

My house--organization--(oops! I'm even having trouble spelling that word!) that one is a horribly hard one for me as my dear husband can vouch for! I have the best intentions to be SO organized--and then forget all those wonderful areas where I was going to keep everything JUST SO! I like checking out the FlyLady web site, but the week she wanted me doing my kitchen I did go with the Master Bedroom instead. Kitchen should be done for a while--maybe a few things to rearrange, but not enough to worry about yet. The Master Bedroom has been the dumping ground for too much since all rooms upstairs are filled up now. (Meaning that Carlin is now in the only guest room we had.) I've been trying to learn how to down size and haven't quite figured it out yet! Thanks to Leann for the house cleaning calendars she experimented with on me I am slowly getting going there.

As for the weight loss--well--it is going, but I would like to just find the magic pill and shed it all at once. That is another thing I can thank Wayne for. He decided to sign up with Weight Watchers at Work. Quit laughing--I know he didn't need to lose much!! (Our insurance offers incentives to keep cost down so that does help.) Anyway, he reached his goal in six weeks but I told him to still pretend he needs to lose so he can keep me motivated!

Exercise--Hmmmm! Boring!!!! But necessary. I'm kind of laughing at myself over that one. For some reason I've decided I want to attempt jogging?! I have always hated jogging--go figure! I started walking when we were traveling with Wayne this summer and decided to keep it up. I can only do 1 1/2 miles out of three so far--and that is to switch off between walking and running. Must have been a moment of insanity to think this plan up!

2 comments:

The J's said...

oh yes...exercising! UGGG NOT my favorite pastime! E. called me Sun. night; Do I walk? NO! WOULD I walk? well, twist my arm! I did Mon. a.m. about killed me off! LOL (didn't bother me till later!) Once I get started at it, it's fine, but the pain of the first time...well, not fun!

tbdch said...

I have been trying to exercise also Lori. It is hard to stay motivated. I have been saving my phone calls for then and talking while walking on the treadmill- that helps a lot. Also mp3 player with techno music helps me walk a lot faster:) Good luck!