Monday, September 24, 2007

275 Jars Of Canning









Tis the season--but I think we are finally finished with canning! Unless we come across something else!

We have finished up with 175 pints of salsa (we split with Warren's), 50 quart of tomato soup, 25 quart of grape juice, and 25 quart of tomato juice. I think we might make it through the winter!

Most of it was fun except I ended up with poison ivy and poison oak from grape picking! I went in for my second dose of a shot for poison ivy today. The first one didn't seem to do the trick so hopefully this one does the trick!

Kyle's school is trying to talk us into selling the salsa--sorry, but I don't think I want to part with it! Just think--Wayne could have a job on the side--making salsa!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Lori! What a harvest! I've never canned... my mom didn't can either so I guess that's where I learned (huh?). Anyway, I'm impressed. I'll buy some salsa, too!

The J's said...

WOW! I am so envious of all your canning! Wish my pantry looked like that! That is so awesome. I got some tomatoes, salsa, & peaches, but nothing close to that amount. I've got grapes juiced, ready for jelly making tomorrow.

Ethel said...

ok..i'm very impressed! come teach me how to do that! you must be an awesome gardener!